Quick Facts about Diffusion
- Diffusion is the spontaneous and random movement of oil particles into the air
- Diffusion works by distributing essential oil molecules through the air
- Diffusion allows the Essential Oil aroma to be inhaled and is a quick and safe way of letting the Essential Oils work for you
10 Simple Diffusion Methods
- Inhale directly from the bottle.
- Put a couple of drops into the palm of your hand, gently rub your palms together, cup your hands over your nose and mouth and inhale deeply (Do not touch your eyes!)
- Place 3-4 drops to a cotton ball or tissue and carry it around with you.
- Dampen a cloth, apply a few drops of essential oil to it and place it near/in the vent of your heating/cooling system such as the fan, air-conditioner or a few drops into the vacuum cleaner filter.
- Add essential oils to cedar chip or pot pourri and place in the living area, drawers or closets.
- Steam diffusion. Add several drops to a bowl of hot (not boiling) water and inhale the steaming vapor that rises from the bowl. Drape a towel over your head and the bowl before inhaling to increase the intensity.
- Oil burner. Generally, works by placing a few drops of essential oil in a ceramic dish, with or without water. A candle or heat source from underneath heats or vaporises the essential oil into the air surrounding.
- Clay pots or sandstone diffusers are inexpensive and easy to use. The porous nature of the container allows for the essential oil aroma to permeate through and diffuse into the air. The intensity would depend on how much essential oil is added.
- Use an aromatherapy diffuser. There are various diffusers in the Malaysian market now to choose from. I will describe a few below.
- Don’t have an aromatherapy diffuser? You can create a spray and mist the house, car and workplace. Add several drops to a spray bottle, add 1 cup of water and shake. My favourite is a blend called Purification OR you can make your own blend – here’s a quick recipe: Lavender 20 drops, Lemon 10 drops, Bergamot 6 drops, Lime 5 drops, Grapefruit 5 drops
I mentioned 10 Simple Methods just to grab your attention so I’d better stick to 10. In reality, the options are endless. Let loose and be creative! There are plenty of fun DIY options to do at home that include the kids too:
Using an Aromatherapy Diffuser
is another lovely, indulgent way to diffuse these amazing oils. These beautiful, unique diffusers deserve a separate write up so click on this link to read more at http://www.essentialoilskuching.com/diffusers-essential-oils/
According to research, diffusing certain oils may have these benefits:
- Destress and relax
- Better sleep
- Helps with weight management
- Reduces bacteria, mold, fungus, and odors
- Enhances concentration, mental clarity and memory
- Stimulates secretion of endorphins (our ‘Happy Hormone’)
- Improves digestive functions
- Improves hormonal balance
- Increases immunity and respiratory health
- Relieves headache.
Last but not least, some ideas on what essential oils to use to get you started:
* Lemon. Purifying and Cleansing. Try it after a party, especially if you’ve had people smoking in the room.
* Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree) or Eucalyptus Globulus. Purifies and rids airborne bacteria. Provides respiratory relief.
* Lavender. Calming and relaxing.
* Peppermint. Try this if you are studying for a course.
* Frankincense (Boswellia Carterii or Boswellia Sacra). Spiritual. Try diffusing this in a room just before you meditate or do yoga.
Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. I am on a journey to discovering the benefits of Essential Oils and sharing it along the way. I have a background in health hence, exploring alternatives towards a more natural lifestyle for myself and my family. Come join me on my journey and send me a personal message to say hi. We can explore together!